Earlybird Educare@Work is hiring a Teacher for Carlwald
Earlybird is a social enterprise that seeks to address the shortage of high-quality Early Childhood Development (ECD) services in South Africa. Earlybird uses two delivery channels to tackle this challenge. Firstly, Earlybird partners with large corporates to provide world-class, workplace-based ECD services on-site for their employees’ children (we work with children aged 4-months to 5-years). This employee wellness offering not only benefits the enrolled children by setting them on a path to success in school and life but also helps our corporate partners attract and retain valuable female talent. Secondly, Earlybird partners franchisees to set up community-based educare centres that implement our high-quality ECD offering. We use an innovative cross-subsidisation model to support the franchisees’ fidelity to our education and administrative systems while ensuring that school fees remain affordable to families living in the immediate surrounds of their centre.
About the Position
We are looking for a dynamic problem-solver capable of engaging in big-picture strategic thinking as well as detail-oriented implementation to join our team as a full-time Teacher at one of our preschools in the greater Midrand area. If you believe in our mission and are looking for a rewarding, challenging, flexible working environment with plenty of opportunities to learn, then please get in touch with us! We are targeting a total cost-to-company monthly salary range of R8 500- R12 500 depending on experience and qualifications
The successful candidate will take on the following core responsibilities (among other ad hoc contributions):
- Work as a part of a dynamic team, managing own classroom as well as some communal responsibilities within the team.
- Work closely with the principal to uphold the standards that Earlybird Educare Centres have set.
- Planning and preparation in accordance to the Birdseed App.
- Observation and recording of developmental milestones.
- Keeping a POE of children’s work and progress.
- Preparing children in all facets of development for future school years.
- Self reflection of teaching practices and implementing necessary changes and improvements.
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in an ECD centre.
- Hold a minimum of a NQF Level 5 in ECD or studying towards a BEd (at least 3rd year student).
- Possess strong people-management and team-work skills.
- Able to see the big picture, adapting to each situation as it arises.
- Service oriented.
- Good at planning and organising.
- Empathetic and sociable.
- Highly diplomatic.
- Skilled in identifying problems and brainstorming potential solutions, as well as effectively implementing solutions.
- Excellent at written and oral communication as well as presentation.
- Passionate about connecting with parents and children.
- Personable, reliable, organised, motivated by impactful work.
- A creative problem-solver who is undaunted by the inevitable challenges that will crop up as we work to break new ground in South Africa’s under-developed Early Childhood Development sector.
- Based in Midrand or surrounds. Available to start 1 April 2020.
If you feel this position is a good fit for you please submit a cover letter and your CV to email@example.com before COB on Friday 20 December 2019.
Applications for this position are now closed.